Kettlebells have been around for ages, but in the past decade they are becoming recognized in the fitness industry as the most efficient tool to build strength, maximize power, lose fat, and increase mobility.
Are you a coach or trainer and looking to improve your kettlebell skills? The HKC is a one day workshop that focuses on kettlbell fundamentals. Learn the most effective, safe, efficient was to use, teach, and coach the basic kettlebell lefts. The HKC focuses on three kettlebell movements: the swing, Turkish get up (TGU), and goblet squat.
Senior RKC instructor Rob Miller and Team Leader Katie Peterson will be leading this St. Louis based HKC. Mike Klaus, owner of Forward Fitness had the pleasure of meeting Rob and Katie when he was completing his RKC Level II certification. Knowing how much kettlebell training has impacted his lift, Mike decided to host a HKC workshop.
- Gain a deep understanding on the benefits of kettlebell training
- Learn the fundamentals of biomechanics and kettlebell safety
- Perform the swing, Turkish get up, and goblet squatting good form
- Become confident in their ability to teach the swing, Turkish get up, and goblet squat
- Know how to correct common mistakes in the swing, Turkish get up, and goblet squat
All participants must be able to hold a plank for 60 seconds. This will be tested at the beginning of the course.
In order to earn your HKC, coaches must be able to demonstrate safe and effective technique in the swing, Turkish get up, and goblet squat. They must also coach one of the movements to another student.