Our 4th year was a memorable one, to say the least! Just look!
1.Our #ForwardFam coaching crew grew. In April Coach Cory joined the Forward Fitness team! He has grown so much as a coach and has added another fun sense of humor to the team. He truly cares about helping others achieve their goals. Coach Denise soon followed starting in June. Denise has been a wonderful addition challenging members to get the most out of classes. She is always there to cheer you on. Not only did we add to the coaching team, but Coach Cati had twins, Oakley and Sloan and Coach Cory had a daughter, Lilly!
2.We continued to take our knowledge to the next level. Coach Mike became a Certified Functional Strength Coach! Suzanne became Precision Nutrition certified, and Coach Nick got a certification in USA Powerlifting. Mike and Suzanne continue to learn from their business mentors, Rachel and Alwyn Cosgrove, and mastermind group, Results Fitness University.
3.We came together for two awesome charity workouts, Head for the Cure and Breast Workout Ever. We were able to raise over $450 for Head for the Cure and $1,500 for Siteman Cancer Center. Your support and kindness made this possible. It’s always amazing what you can do when you come together for a common cause. THANK YOU!
4.16 people completed our #100WorkoutChallenge! For those of you who don’t know, it challenges members to completed 100 workouts at Forward Fitness from July 1st through January 31st. Congrats to Paul Pace (first to finish), Monica Diaz, Denise Golden, Thomas Economou, Paul Balfe, Angela Lehmann, Tanya Oliphant, Jenelle Sander, Denise Johnson, Stephanie Nadeau, Linda Najbart, Aubrey Morris, Lisa Kickbusch, Stephanie Pineda, Suzanne Klaus, and Mike Klaus!
5.We created some extracurricular teams: Powerlifting, OCR, and softball.
- Jessica Kime completed her first Powerlifting meet, Luck of the Irish, and placed first!
- Our OCR team took on the Warrior Dash and the Busch Stadium Spartan Sprint. We had a blast getting muddy and conquering the Warrior Dash obstacles. We even had three top 10 finishers (Suzanne Klaus, Liz Heisler, and Tanya Oliphant). We had a team of three rise to the Spartan Sprint, climbing countless stairs, carrying heavy loads, climbing ropes, and swinging across monkey bars. Suzanne got her first Spartan podium finish taking bronze.
- Our co-ed softball team took second in the Mid-County Chamber of Commerce League.
6.Members rose to the challenge! We had three challenges this year: New Year New You, Drop 2 Sizes, and Holiday Hold ‘Em.
- In our New Year New You Challenge over 200 pounds and 220 inches were lost! Christy Byrd, Dana Merritt, and Rachel Mapp took the prize losing 9% of their total beginning inches.
- In our Drop 2 Size Challenge over the course of eight weeks, 18 out of the 19 participants fit into jeans that could not button in the beginning!
- Our Holiday Hold ‘Em was a success, challenging people to hold their body fat percentage from Thanksgiving through the New Year.
7.We got an InBody machine! Why is this a highlight?! Well, it is a machine that will measure your body composition. It can tell you how much of your weight is lean mass vs. fat mass. It even breaks it down by body segment. This gives members so much more information then the scale. If you are losing fat, but gaining muscle the scale may not change that much, but your body fat percentage will.
8.We had another successful year of the Winter and Summer Games. The Forward Fitness Games is a series of 8 events where members compete in one of four teams and challenge themselves to set new PRs. Team Blue dominated the Summer Games only to be defeated in the Winter Games by Team Grey. A special shout out to Jessica Kime, Angela Lehmann, Catherine Sanders, and Anna Hancock for deadlifting 300 plus pounds!
9.We continued to add to our equipment selection adding sandbags to the mix. (No not the ones you use when sandbagging for a flood, but ones especially designed for working out.) Sandbags are a great training tool from a novice to advanced athlete. You will even see our Kettlebell class is now Bags and Bells.
10.We celebrated our 4th Annual #ForwardFam Thanksgiving! This is one of our favorite events. It is a time to come together as a community and celebrate each other and all we are thankful for.
We look forward to all that we will accomplish in 2019!