- This event has passed.
New Year New You!
“A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY!” -Karen Lamb
A new year is here and full of possibilities! It can be a daunting task to figure out what you need to do to get the results you want. Forward Fitness is here with our New Year New YOU program to help make 2019 your healthiest year yet! We want you to look back over 2019 and feel excited, proud, and amazed at what you have accomplished. We want to help you feel better, have more energy, and gain confidence!
If you’re ready to take the next step and make 2019 your year, text NYNY to 314-367-9273.
Our New Year New YOU is is focused on setting you up for success. It’s not another diet to start and then stop or workout you hate doing. It’s a lifestyle change, a mindset change, a support system.
What exactly is New Year New YOU?
It’s a challenge, a jump start into the new year and more confident, energetic, and strong YOU that involves CASH prizes!
The great news is you get to do this as a team! Choose 2 other people. They can be your friends, family, or co-workers. (At least one person must be new to Forward Fitness as of January 1, 2019.) Not only will you have the support of the Forward Fitness coaches, but you will start the challenge with the additional support of your teammates!
During the 8- week challenge:
- You will have access to unlimited FIT Camps! These fun and motivating group workouts are personalized to fit each person’s fitness level and take into account past or current injuries. Prior fitness knowledge is not expected. We will teach you everything you need to know!
- You will receive nutrition guidelines that won’t leave you hungry! You’ll know what foods to choose so you will have plenty of options.
- You will receive access to a secret Facebook group where you can ask questions and get even more support.
At the end of the 8-week challenge, you will have lost fat and inches and gained lean muscle giving your team a shot at the prize money!
Determining the Winners
The measurements for the Contest will be done on our extremely accurate InBody machine that tells us exactly what your body composition is made up of, lean body mass, fat mass, water, etc. Scoring will be based on the amount of change in both your lean body mass and fat mass, called your Total Performance Points.
This Contest will be extremely fair to all people, overweight and lean, male and female, young and old, active and inactive, who compete against each other in this competition. Everyone will have an equal chance to win. We have leveled the playing field!
The winner(s) will be the person/team who makes the biggest degree of transformation based on their Total Performance Score, either by gaining muscle and/or losing fat. The winning team will be the team with the highest Overall Team Performance Score when adding all three team members’ Total Performance Scores.
Your InBody print out will give us, and you, a detailed description of your body composition, including your lean body mass and your fat mass. These will be the two most important factors in this Contest. Not your weight, and not your body fat percentage.
The formula we will use to calculate your score –
First the Lean Body Mass (LBM) points change – End LBM lbs – Initial LBM lbs = Total LBM change lbs
Total LBM change lbs/Initial LBM lbs = % of LBM Change, which are your Performance Points
Then the Fat Mass (FM) percent change -Initial FM lbs – End FM lbs = Total FM change lbs
Total FM change lbs/Initial FM lbs = % of FM Change, which are your Performance Points
Total Performance Score = % of LBM Change + % of FM Change, which are your Performance Points
Bottom Line – GAIN Muscle and LOSE Fat to WIN!
Rules to Follow –
- You must complete your second and final InBody scans within three hours of your initial scan. (This is to ensure the most accurate comparison.) The most accurate measurement is on an empty stomach. Drinking a lot of liquid, or eating a big meal right before you step onto the InBody machine will force the machine to try to guess out what this “mass” is, and although it may work for you…it could work against you since the machine may think it’s fat or water. If you cannot complete your scan on an empty stomach, then be sure to do it after eating and drinking about the same volume as you did before the previous scan. For example, if your initial scan was after eating breakfast, then all of your scans should be after eating breakfast.
- InBody scans CANNOT be done following a workout.
- InBody scans must be completed without shoes & socks, wearing the same clothes in all three (3) scans, and we also suggest wearing minimal clothing & jewelry. Again, we just want to know what your body is made up of. Anything extra may count against you!
- You must take a before and after photo – THE SAME CLOTHING MUST BE WORN IN ALL PHOTOS.
Thousands of dollars will be given away! Cash will be awarded to the 1st place team with the highest Overall Team Performance Score.
Cash will also be awarded to the 1st place person with the highest Total Performance Score.
Our New Year New YOU starts January 21st! If you are ready, text NYNY to 314-367-9273.